Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Works - Best Burgers in Town..?

Hey All! Haven't blogged in about 2 months, and lots have happened! Didn't even finish blogging about the food placed I've been to last time! But this time I'll just talk about the important ones worth mentioning, and some makeup stuffs !

The Works (Glebe);
Having heard so may things about this place (from my roommate and blogs), and seeing as it's rated no.1 on urban spoon, I was VERY excited to visit this place, and let me tell you... I was quite disappointed. Maybe it's my fault for walking in with high expectations, but let me explain my disappointment.

I can't recall what I got, but looking back at the menu, I think I got "sum yung guy", i know my burger had gouda, and bacon LOL , and i can't remember what else it had |: But anyways, the picture's on the right. (Posted pictures of the rest of the burgers my friends ordered on my photobucket..gonna figure out how to link it here!) Anyways, I upgraded my burger from original ground beef to elk meat.. which I regret doing because it tasted no difference from normal ground beef |: But meh, nice to try I guess. So, I don't blame the elk meat for tasting like normal beef.. but the problem I had with the burgers, was the dryness - I have eaten many burgers in my life (being a university student, and burgers usually being the cheapest thing on a menu) and I have come to truly appreciate the juicy-ness of burgers. This burger was dry, overcooked, and not juicy at all |: Also, the portions were.. particularly small |: in my opinion, when I pay $15 for a burger, I expect more than the size of a big mac (not that i'm comparing a big mac to The Works...) , and a small portion of fries. So I guess I was disappointed in that sense.. but the things that really impressed me where...

The vast menu size! The menu really lives up to it's expectations - ANY sort of burger option you can imagine! Listed on a menu with tiny font because there's just too much burger options to fit on one page! (They even have peanut butter burgers!!! ) So that was pretty cool (:

Also, I ordered sweet potato fries to go with my burger, and my friends either ordered fries, or chips (there was also the options of greens, bold slaw -which might have been good!, and mashed potatoes) . The sweet potato fries were nothing special... but the chips! Oh man! They were good! (I stole some from my friend). So be sure to order the chips when you go! :D

Lastly, I was impressed with the decor.. the decor of the place was amazingly pretty! The place was a bit small, but still enough space to be comfortable I guess. One thing I would mention though..guys might get a bit confused regarding the washroom genders.. I know my friends were. Apparently when you follow the washroom sign, don't go into the first door you see? But go farther down the hallway, and go through that door? Dunno, correct me if I'm wrong!

Anyways, my verdict:

Decor: 4/5
Food: 3/5 (Only because of the vast number of options..)
Service: 3/5 (Meh, nothing special, forgot my water though .. but i'm not too picky )

The Works Menu's

0 comments:

Post a Comment