Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dozo (Richmond Hill)

Long-time no post! (again)

Finally back in Markham, and today I tried out a new place (: called Dozo Sushi and Sake Bar.
It's owned by the same people that own Chako and Destiny's !

First impression: Manager was nice, waitresses were normal, place was dimly lit, and it had the feel of a lounge.

Decor:
The decor was cute! The place was a bit dimly lit for my liking, there were a few tables, and several booths. The booths we sat at excluded us from the rest of the diners (which is good! especially if you just want to catch up with some friends). Where we sat was a bit dimly lit, though there was quite a bit of natural light shining in the giant windows, which gave it some light while maintaining it's mysterious dim.

Service:
Service was alright, nothing big. My friend got a bit thirsty waiting for some of our other friends to arrive so she ordered tea while we were waiting, little did she know, the tea was $2, and we were not informed when we ordered (though, I was THINKING we'd be charged, I wasn't too sure, and bbm'd my friend who worked there before to ask). When we paid, the waitress was pretty chill; I wouldn't say she was polite, but she wasn't rude either. We weren't supposed to pay with credit, since we got 10% off, but we did anyways, but she didn't make a huge fuss out of it or anything, just told us next time, we had to pay by cash.

Food:
I ordered the sushi platter set dinner ($12.95), which came with 10 pieces of assorted sushi, + miso soup, and salad. Everything was what you can expect at normal sushi places, 'cept this has takowasabi sushi, and this really.. interesting.. roe-fish sushi! It was mackerel roe? (Yellow piece). I've never tried anything like it before! And it was definitely good.



My friend ordered the combination platter, which was basically sashimi + sushi.

My other friend ordered the tempura set, which came with 3 pieces of shrimp tempura +
veggie tempura.

Two of my friends ordered the 8-course set with their meal, so it came with miso soup, salad, rice, some fried .. potatoes + corn (can't remember, but will find out!), salmon rolls, takowasabi, and dessert (either creme brulee or ice cream tempura). The takowasabi was nothing compared to the ones at guu, wasn't as fresh, but it was nice that they had it!



One of my friends also ordered the salmon teriyaki, but I didn't get to take a picture of it ):

But anyways my verdict!

Food: 3/5 (it was good, but for the price, not good enough)
Service: 2.5/5 (nothing special)
Decor/Atmosphere: 4/5 (cute, lounge-like place, great for catching up with friends)

Cheers,
-Chee

0 comments:

Post a Comment