Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beerbistro bonanza

Hello All!

Been busy with work, so once again, I lack in posts. But since I work downtown Toronto, I have lots of opportunities to try our downtown foods! First on my list is, ofcourse, Beerbistro - as suggested by the name, this place serves beer, and everything on their menu is beer infused!

Located in the heart of the financial district, it's filled with bustling business people here for after-work drinks and just a place to relax and eat good food. When entering the restaurant, we were skeptical about getting a seat, as the place was packed and it looked as though they were booked until 8 (we got there around 630). But since it was just the 2 of us, the waitress told us that we could get seats, but we had to leave at 815.. which was plenty enough time for us!

First Impression
Busy, dark, and it looked.. like a nice place to relax and talk.

Decor
As I mentioned, the place was dark, despite it having windows that overlooked the patio. I can't recall much about the decor... besides it being dark, and the tables being quite close to each other (I felt as if we were invading on other's privacy while we were talking). The tables were laid out quite nicely, but the tables were extremely tiny.

* I will comment more on decor, as I will probably be heading back soon.

Service
The service was satisfying, seeing as they gave us seats despite being booked full till 8, they still fit us in. Our first server, was patient and nice and very educated with the restaurant's beer and food.

Since we weren't very educated in beer (and there was an extensive selection of beer), we asked her what she'd recommend. We also weren't sure as to what flavour mussels to get, and she gave us an explanation as to how each one would taste like.

Food
I'd say the food was well worth the money!
We had the New England Style Mussels: beer bacon, leeps, potatoes, cheddar, parsley, vienna lager & a touch of cream.



Delectable ! The mussels really soaked in the flavour, and it was a good idea for the dish to come with a loaf of catillon sourdough because there was a lot of leftover broth, and the loaf was wonderful for dipping (although I don't recommend drinking the broth just by itself, because it is quite salty...)

Secondly, we had the Hog Wild Pizza (it was recommended on urban spoon!): berkshire pulled pork, smoked-sausage beer-cured bacon, oregano, mozzarella, garlic confit.

*i don't know why i don't have a picture for this!!*

This was pretty good too (: Though I'd say I liked the mussels better. My friend said that she could really taste the beer in this one! I thought the sauce tasted exceptional, but otherwise, it was just an alright dish, and although it was good, I think I'll try something else next time.

I also had a Singha Beer (Thailand) and my friend had a Bitburger (German)



I was also told that their Pulled Pork Primanti (lunch) was good, and will be trying that next time I'm there for lunch.

Overall..
Decor:3/5 (tables were way too close, but I sorta liked the dark atmosphere)
Service: 4/5 (excellent patience and educated in what their restaurant served)
Food: 4.5/5 (really liked it!! :D but the pizza could have been better)

Beerbistro is decently priced, and the food is well worth the money, so it was money well spent.
strongly suggest making reservations

18 King Street East,
Toronto, ON

0 comments:

Post a Comment