Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome to Canada`s Capital!


Bonjour and Welcome to Ottawa!

Today is the start of my second week here in Ottawa, which also marks the end of my hectic week of settling in!

I haven't had much time to blog for a while due to school work, exams and all that mumbo jumbo, But since I'm on my co-op term this semester with NO assignments or exams to worry about, I have decided to take this opportunity to continue my blogging while working on my communication skills (After all, my position is a Project Support and Communications Officer!)

Coming to Ottawa wasn't easy, I was really nervous and quite anxious about the whole ordeal. I was scared that everyone was going to speak to me in French, and I wouldn't be able to understand them! To be honest, although I've taken 9 years of French.. I really don't think I've learned much from those 9 years besides Bonjour, and Sa va bien. LOL ! I don't even know how to ask to go to the washroom!

Although my first week here in Ottawa was very intimidating, I managed to brave through it, and I now feel a bit more comfortable in Canada's capital. I hadn't noticed it at first, but Ottawa is actually a very beautiful city.. in an old-heritage sorta way. A lot of things are maintained in their historic state, and the whole city just feels very.. vintage! Especially the area around where I work- it feels very.. oldschool, there's even a traditional male barber there! LOL I'll take a picture of the sign tomorrow (:


Aurevoir! (I hope I'm spelling this right!)
-A. Panda

P.S. the pictures are from the area I work at! (Right in front of the Parliament buildings! Cool eh!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment